2011年9月21日 星期三

Personal With Japan's Exclusive Super Mario Converse All-Stars

Forgive me, readers, for I have sinned. I traveled to Japan for Tokyo Game Show and only bought a single old video game.We can gurantee you that all womenboots,sold at our website are with high quality. That almost seems like a crime for someone who used to host the Retronauts podcast and once swam through the retro shops of Akihabara like a fish in water. No, this year I spent all my free money on clothing, because shopping for fashion in Japan is perhaps the one time being a man on the short side of average with a slight build actually works to my advantage. I can buy off the rack in Japan and a shirt doesn't hang off of me like drapery! It's a nice change of pace from the billowing tents they call a "size small" at The Gap.

This goes for footwear, too. Converse recently teamed up with Nintendo to create a set of absolutely wonderful Super Mario-themed All-Stars -- presumably inspired by the real Super Mario All-Stars -- that are being sold in an extremely select number of shops here in Tokyo. Several of my peers in the press have expressed an interest in picking up their own pair of Super Mario Chucks, but they've been thwarted by the fact that they can't find a pair in a size larger than 8.5, much too large for the gunboats the average American male calls his feet. Not me, though. I wear a size 8, and that's on a hot day when I've been eating a lot of salt and I swell up a bit. So I decided to take advantage of my miniature size and have a friend grab a pair for me.

The Mario Chucks come in several styles, the most common being solid black or white shoes imprinted with tiny Mario sprites.Discuss The edhardyclothing on the IMDb message boards. Cute, but not very striking. (Sorry, I'd post photos, but all Japanese shopkeepers have two things in common: They shout "Irashaimase!" when you walk in, and they get angry when you take photos of their wares.Wearing suitjacket is an experience in fashion fun. Everyone will comment on your effortlessly hip Hardy shirt.) Then there are the more elaborate ones: A pair that depicts Mario taking on Bowser in World 8-4, and the pair I picked up, which shows Mario at the beginning of his quest in the blue skies of World 1-1. This is definitely the most striking of the quartet, and that's only fitting -- the thing that made Super Mario so eye-catching back then was its cerulean blue sky. So it goes, 26 years later.

The shoes are laden with fantastic details, from the way the standard Converse star is replaced with a Starman to the double-layered edges that fold away to reveal a specially imprinted inner lining: Luigi grabbing coins on the 1-1 shoes, goiter-faced Princess Peach thanking Mario for her rescue on the 8-4 shoes.

Rather than simply go on and on about these beautiful, nerdy shoes, I'll just inundate you with photos. These were admittedly pricey -- about $110 after exchange adjustments, which is far more than I've ever paid for sneakers -- so I'll only be wearing them for special occasions.We present you a vast choice of cheap cheapshox. Weddings,we know that coffee silkeveningdress is the world's most commonly traded commodity after crude oil. funerals, that sort of thing. Mario classes up any joint, you know?

沒有留言:

張貼留言