2012年11月15日 星期四

her season with a victory at the season-ending

Suzann Pettersen, So Yeon Ryu, and Sun Young Yoo all fired first-round 6-under 66’s to finish in a three-way tie for the lead at the season-ending CME Group Titleholders. Pettersen’s mistake free scorecard on the Eagles Course at the TwinEagles Club in Naples, Fla. consisted of six birdies while Ryu, this year’s Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year, notched seven birdies and one bogey and Yoo, the winner of this year’s Kraft Nabisco Championship recorded nine birdies, one bogey and one double-bogey.

“Actually I had my coach here earlier in the week and he told me to grip down a little bit when I putt so I can hit more relaxed, so I think that kind of helped me a lot,” said Yoo. “I rolled the ball pretty good, so I feel good with everything.”

Nicknamed “Course Clown” among her friends, her playful personality took center stage during her post-round interview on Thursday. Yoo made the turn with a 6-under 30 and after getting it to 9-under at one point, the two-time LPGA Tour winner struggled on the final two holes ending double-bogey, bogey.

In it to win it… Known on tour for her grit and will to win, Suzann Pettersen finds herself in contention for her third victory this season at the CME Group Titleholders. When asked after her 6-under round what a win at this week’s season-ending event would mean to her, she further affirmed her competitive nature.

“I’m in it to win it,” said Pettersen. “That says it all.”

Regardless of if Pettersen wins this weekend or not, she has closed out the 2012 season in style as she recorded back-to-back victories at the recent LPGA KEB HanaBank Championship and Sunrise LPGA Taiwan Championship Presented by Audi.

“There’s a lot of golf left and I don’t really think about it too much,” said Pettersen. “I feel like my shoulders are fairly freed up after kind of winning two in Asia. I don’t feel like I really have to go out and do anything.Find authenticmonclerjackets Discounted Prices. That makes the game just that much easier and you can kind of try and hit the different shots you see and play your instincts.”

Finishing with a bang? So Yeon Ryu has managed to reach nearly every goal that she set for herself in her rookie season. In addition to earning Louise Suggs Rolex Rookie of the Year honors, she captured the second LPGA victory of her career at the Jamie Farr Toledo Classic

But still one goal remains for Ryu — capping off her season with a victory at the season-ending CME Group Titleholders. Ryu made that a possibility with a strong opening round on the Eagles Course at the TwinEagles Club in Naples, shooting a 6-under 66 to tie for the lead after the first round of play although she said that this great round came as a bit of a surprise.

“Actually, yesterday on driving range my shot was so bad so I couldn’t expect this really great results,” Ryu said. “But the first I’m really happy with my results so far. Actually, the last week on Sunday in Lorena Ochoa Invitational, my putt wasn’t really great. That problem is really speed control problem, so I was practice speed control,The Beautiful pictures chronicles all the shoes & ads from benebags. then today my putting was really great.”

It’s a busy final week for Ryu,Free shipping BOTH ways on cheapairjordansale, who will be accepting her Rookie of the Year award on Friday night at the Rolex Awards Celebration.The shortwigsschool district. She joked about having big shoes to fill following tremendous speeches by the two previous Rookie of the Year winners, Azahara Munoz and Hee Kyung Seo. So perhaps it’s no surprise that her plans for Thursday night following her stellar play were centered around practicing her speech.

American golfers have combined for a total of eight wins this year with Stacy Lewis capturing four wins while Cristie Kerr,A Professional dsquaredshoes Shopping Center providing. Brittany Lang, Angela Stanford, and Jessica Korda have picked up one victory each this year. Combine that with Lewis becoming the first American in 18 years to take home Rolex Player of the Year honors and it’s been quite a stellar year for American golf.

“It’s great, and it’s great for inspiring the next generation of American golfers and we need to do that,” said Cristie Kerr of the success for the players from the U.S. this year. “The media needs to focus on that because they’ve been for so long, why aren’t the Americans winning? We are winning and we need to be written about.”

But the Americans are hoping to add one more victory to that total this week. Kerr is one of the Americans who found themselves near the top of the leaderboard after the first round of play at the CME Group Titleholders. Kerr fired a 5-under 67 and sits in a T4 while Lizette Salas and Brittany Lincicome are tied for eighth at 8-under-par. There are a total of five Americans who currently sit in the top-15 after Thursday’s first round.

Salas’s newfound hobby proved to be just what she needed to help her achieve her longtime goal of attending college but the Azusa, Calif. native got more out of the experience than what she originally bargained for.

“Yeah, that was my first and foremost goal when I was a child is that I knew golf can get me into school,” said Salas. “I was the first person in my family to graduate from college and I think that’s another reason why I stayed. I wanted to win four national championships and that’s why I stayed.”

沒有留言:

張貼留言