2011年2月22日 星期二

Local surgeon's marathon effort to beat breast cancer

Budding runner Laura Johnson from Richmond has laced up her running shoes to train for the Virgin London Marathon in aid of Breast Cancer Campaign.

The NHS breast surgical trainee will join thousands of runners on the starting line on Sunday 17 April to support her mother, Emma, who was treated for breast cancer 10 years ago, and has recently been diagnosed with a related metastatic cancer at the age of 57.

Laura,Cheap womens Nike shox nz shoes are very popular! who is also undertaking breast cancer research at Kings College London,Learn all of th facts you need to know before yopu shop for Juicy couture wholesale online. based at Guy's Hospital,Nike air max tn is commonly known as Air Max Plus. said: “My mother's recent diagnosis has come as such a shock to me and my family and like so many others we are hurt, confused and desperate for a cure.It seems that jordan 6 rings in coming up for almost everyone including boys and girls. In my role as a breast surgeon, I find myself delivering the devastating news of a breast cancer diagnosis to patients, and with the help of the whole team,Can't find a particular pair of ed hardy jeans on our website? we offer many the chance of a cure.”

She added: “The research I undertake at Kings College London is made possible solely from the generosity of several charities and I see firsthand the difference it's making in our understanding of breast cancer, so now this is my chance to give something back. Running the London Marathon for Breast Cancer Campaign will help me to help others by raising money to try and win the battle with breast cancer for the good of my patients and in particular, my mum. I hope lots of people will dig deep to sponsor me for this challenge and help the charity continue funding vital research.

To help Laura reach her fundraising target of $1,600 please visit www.justgiving.com/Laura-Johnson3 and donate what you can.

This year around 48,000 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK and sadly approximately 12,000 will die from this disease. So if you are already training for this year's marathon and would like to make a difference to the lives of all those affected by breast cancer, please join Laura on Campaign's team.

If you have your own place there is no minimum sponsorship amount and each runner will receive a fundraising pack including a Breast Cancer Campaign running vest, sponsorship forms and lots of support from the charity on the day.

沒有留言:

張貼留言