2012年8月7日 星期二

How Speedo Man Got His Bike Back

Since his bike was stolen more than a week ago, Jamie Flowers and his sister, Danielle Stiner, have been spreading the word by canvassing neighborhoods and posting flyers.

They even made an appeal on Channel 13 last week.

"I think people have been looking and I'm glad it came back soon,Welcome to buy good quality and fashionable salereplicashoes." Stiner said.

"We go here and there and people stop and say. 'Hey did you get your bike back?',Cheap womenssandals online store, discount nike air max and nike free run shoes on sale." Flowers, who was often seen riding in his Speedos, said.

Strangers called and offered to buy Flowers a new bike. But Flowes was holding out hope his prized Cannondale 120, "a special build," he said, would return.

The call he was waiting for came last night.

"I got a phone call form a man named Joey and he said I think i got your bike. I said what?"

First thing Tuesday morning, Flowers and his sister went to meet Joey Brown outside St. Francis Hospital's parking lot. Like Flowers, he sported long hair and a beard, and he was a fellow biker.

Flowers saw his bike on Brown's truck. "I see you got my kid back," he said.

The two men embraced and shook hands.Shop discounted buychristianlouboutin,

As a BMX rider, Joey Brown spotted what others might miss.

"I came to a gas station in Topeka and I look over and I see Cannondale against the wall," he said.

"I'm thinking who in their right mind leaves a Cannondale leaned up against outside in north Topeka.. I saw a guy come out, I looked at his shoes and I noticed, man, he's all oily and he didn't have clip-in shoes that it takes to run these special pedals that we also run in BMX."

" I been doing it since 1985," he says of his hobby. "These aren't just biclyes, these are our daughters. These are our babies. I know somebody's heart was broke,Shop discounted buychristianlouboutin, so I hit him up. I said what's up with the bike, he started throwing prices out there, so I knew it was stolen. "

Brown says he did what he had to.

"Man it needed to get back to its dad, I didn't want to leave it with him there, so I ended up taking it with me," he would only say.

Brown says he was going to call Crimestoppers, but remembered his sister saw something about Flowers on Facebook and the news.

Then he got a text with a number: "Call him yourself brother," it said. " I was thinking, what a blessing," Brown said, before he dialed Flowers.

The two men spoke for over an hour.

Flowers and his sister couldn't be happier.
"There's some real people on this earth still and that made my day," Flowers says.

He says he won't be pressing charges against the guy who stole his bike.Find brand-name tagheuerwatchesat your fingertips with fast,

Brown says he's seen Flowers around town and idolized him long befoe he started biking himself.

He had brought his own bike to meet Flowers and the two celebrated by going, you guessed it, on a ride.

沒有留言:

張貼留言