2012年12月9日 星期日

We do not pack lightly for trip to Kansas

We went to our daughter's home in Kansas because our grandson's first birthday fell on Thanksgiving Day and we got double credit for the visit. To complete the trip we had to take four flights and navigate four different airports. We also had to schlep my wife's luggage halfway across the country.

To put it mildly, my wife does not pack lightly. Olympic weightlifters could train with her suitcase. I have been advised by medical professionals that any attempt to lift it could result in severe internal injuries.We offer amazing prices high quality watchreplica. This makes travel both dangerous and difficult, but I risk a hernia because I love her.

To be fair, I'm not the lightest packer in the world. If I'm going to travel, I'm going to travel comfortably, so I add little luxuries to my luggage, things like slippers. But my wife packs like we were going on an expedition.

The suitcases we took to Kansas are about the same size, and were going to the same place for the same number of days. But at the airport in Burbank, the scale said my suitcase weighed 37 pounds, and hers weighed 48. She was actually quite proud of that. Not that hers was heavier than mine, but that hers was two pounds under the 50-pound weight limit that would have incurred a baggage fee.

That fee is the only thing that keeps her from packing even more for the trip. Well, that and the lack of Sherpas at the airport. So she packs as close as she can to the limit. Frequently when we retrieve our luggage we discover tags and stickers on her suitcase declaring it heavy or overweight. Sometimes,revenue and contact information for ultrasonicsensor Attorney. the tags just say, "Use Caution When Lifting." I could have told them that.

I'm not sure where all of the extra weight comes from in her suitcase, but I suspect it's shoes.King Ice features the latest styles authentichandbag for men. I understand the need for a couple pairs of shoes when you travel. I usually need a couple of pairs myself, maybe three pairs if I plan to go jogging while I'm away. Three pairs of shoes is the daily average for my wife.

She's a fancy dresser and, to her,Returns on Men's and Women's etareplicawatch Apparel at Indie Bike. shoes make the outfit.From black steelring for men to diamond tungsten rings. I think they make the outfit heavier. I have two basic pairs of shoes — a black pair and a brown pair. It's said that Eskimos have dozens of words to describe snow. The same goes for my wife and black shoes. Multiply that by all of the other shades and you'll understand why her closet looks like the store room at a shoe store. You could say she is well-heeled, but not the sole of discretion.

So when we travel, my wife first decides what outfits she plans to take and then begins the process of sorting out the appropriate footwear. Eventually, the bed in the spare room is covered with dresses, sweaters, scarves, blouses, belts, shoes and all of the other accessories she intends to take along. To give credit where credit is due, I'm amazed — every time — that she manages to get all of it into her suitcase.

I survived the Thanksgiving trip hernia-free. I'm not sure when our next trip will be, I just hope she doesn't get any more shoes for Christmas.

沒有留言:

張貼留言