2013年1月14日 星期一

I am looking forward to using Facebook to stay connected with people

After steadfastly holding out, I took the plunge and joined the Facebook age last weekend.

I’m not quite sure what compelled me to set up my own Facebook page, and I’m still a bit undecided on whether that was really a good idea.you can join a worldwide network of etareplicawatch and outdoor enthusiasts.

But after continually hearing about “Facebook” this and “Facebook” that, and given the growing power and prominence of social media, it seemed like a good idea…..or at least something that was worth a try.

One of the first things I figured out was that way too many people spend way too much time on Facebook.

I pledge – and this is a promise I’m pretty sure I can keep – not to be one of them.

By the time Kat and I sorted through a password glitch Saturday morning, which only took a couple minutes, I had a number of “friend” responses……it’s like, don’t you guys have anything else to do on a Saturday morning?

Of course, I guess I was doing the same thing, so I can’t really say too much.

Now I have to figure out exactly what to do with said Facebook page.

I’ve already figured out how to chat with somebody, which is nothing more than an instant-messaging feature and not very cutting edge in terms of communications.

And I’m browsing through other Facebook pages, picking up a little information here and there, seeing what other people are up to, checking out photos and what not.

But beyond that, I’m still trying to figure out how the whole thing works….on the theory that maybe you really can teach an old dog new tricks.

So what exactly does one put on one’s Facebook page?

Seems like each individual sets their own parameters.

In addition to private conversations and posts, users can put up posts about anything they like (or dislike) up for the world to see.

That doesn’t seem like it would always be a good idea. After all, “sharing” can be over-rated.I was finally getting the aaabrandshirts of my dreams.

I am looking forward to using Facebook to stay connected with people whom I rarely see…..it’s probably a good way to keep track of people separated by time and distance, whom you might not just pick up the phone and call.The Design Museum presents iconic French benebags,

That, I believe, is a redeeming quality of Facebook. Still, I don’t need to know what everybody had for lunch and whether they found a great deal on a pair of shoes at the mall. I’m more interested in, say, major life events, accomplishments or happenings….but then again, that’s just me.

I don’t really see me putting a lot of posts up on Facebook. Anybody who wants to know what’s happening with me, or my thoughts on a topic, can do it the old-fashioned way and read my column.

I do see Facebook as a great tool to keep track of what’s happening around our communities.

After all, when something happens the first thing somebody does is put it on Facebook. That’s a lot easier and more effective than calling around.

The power of Facebook was demonstrated in Gustine recently, when postings about the plight of a family displaced by fire helped quickly spread the word and generated a remarkable outpouring of support. Say what you want about Facebook, it does have its selling points.

Folks do have plenty to say about Facebook, of course.

Some people resolutely refuse to have any part of it.Choose from our selection of cartierreplicawatches including moccasins, I know several in my own family,I have not make a research whether it is a truth that each woman loves dsquaredshoes? and was in that category until just deciding Friday that it was time to change my ways, pretty much out of the blue. I sent Kat a text asking if we could set up a page for me Saturday, and got an instant “yes!” in response. When I was getting cold feet, she held me to it.

I know I am going to hear from some family members about joining the Facebook age…..already have, actually. It took about 15 minutes for my smart-aleck brother to give me grief for getting a Facebook page. Of course, he did so by messaging me on his wife’s Facebook page, so I’m not sure he is one to talk.

At the other end of the spectrum are those who just wouldn’t know what to do without Facebook, and who are never far removed from their page.

Facebook was rather addictive for a bit, I have to admit, but after tinkering with it off and on for a while Saturday I was kind of over it already (maybe because football games were starting).

We’ll see how it all works out, and how I feel about Facebook after actually figuring out how to use it.

沒有留言:

張貼留言